Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Watch to Win a Culinary Tour of L.A. from Bertolli

Join me in a vegetable-frittata muffin as you watch Bertolli's Into the Heart of Italy, Webisode 3. The week of simple cooking continues! These frittata muffins are light but heavy on the vegetables. Although I should be eating heavier as I am in danger of floating away.... to L.A.




A reminder: one of my readers will join me May 10-12 for culinary trip to L.A. This will include transportation, hotel and meals and a Celebrity Chef Meet and Greet Event with Rocco DiSpirito! All courtesy of Bertolli foods. I want to meet all of you - but for next week, it will be grand to get acquainted with at least one of you (and the other bloggers who are coming with their readers.)
`
The rules are simple: Watch the webisode (I have been memorizing them because I need a jolt of Italy every day!) as Marisa Tomei, Dan Coretese and Rocco DiSpirito try to unlock the culinary secrets of Italy. Then leave a comment on the blog telling me what the "clue" was and what your favorite part was (I love hearing your favorite moments).
`
If you're coming to the contest late, scroll down and watch the earlier episodes and leave a comment for all of them!
`
I sort of forgot about this "work" thing I do - and I have rehearsal Thursday night, which means the contest will be open until 8 p.m. Thursday. When I return home, I will have random.org pick a list of numbers and the first commenter who is able to go on the trip and who matches up with the numbers will - go!
`
*To win this extraordinary giveaway from Bertolli, winner must live in the continental USA and be free to travel to L.A. May 10-12, 2010.And without further adieu, the video (the frittata muffin recipe is below).









If you have trouble viewing the video, click here:
http://intotheheartofitaly.yahoo.com/#19218328
And those lovely frittata muffins:
2-3 tablespoons Earth Balance Butter, 4 cups of vegetables (I used 1/2 white onion, 1 red pepper, 1 green pepper, 12 grape tomatoes halved and 2 cups of broccoli crowns).. 8 eggs, 1/2 cup lowfat milk, 1/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan.
`
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray one regular-sized muffin tin (12 muffins). Whisk milk and eggs. Salt and pepper to taste. In a medium skillet heat butter. Add peppers and onion. Saute 3 minutes. Add broccoli. Saute 2-3 minutes. Add tomato - saute very briefly. (You want your vegetables softened but not browned.) Add your Parmesan to the egg mixture. Add your vegetables. Distribute evenly into muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes - until these frittata muffins puff up and the tops just begin to brown. Remove from oven. Let sit five minutes, pop them out and serve. (Can be made ahead and reheated briefly in oven - I am not wild about them reheated in microwave - but maybe that's just me.)

17 comments:

Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

gorgeous Muffins!

Dinners and Dreams said...

Delicious and healthy. Thank you!

Nisrine

Jen_from_NJ said...

Hi Claudia!

The clue is the port - location for shrimping.

My favorite part is how Marisa Tomei perfected the "pan toss". I wish I could do that!

3 hungry tummies said...

I love savoury muffins and these are just perfect!

Unknown said...

Best information, about Italian food.
if any body want to know more information then please visit this. Italy cooking tours and Italian Cooking Tours

Anonymous said...

Those veggie-frittata muffins look so yummy!

joe@italyville said...

Funny how they ate the fresh version made by a 5 star chef in the video and not the frozen Bertolli version. I have a feeling there's a bit of a difference. I'd rather have your frittata muffins Claudia!

Jeannie said...

Great looking frittata muffins and so healthy with the load of vegetables you've put in!

Velva said...

The muffins are fabulous-anything with heavy vegetables is a good thing, right? :-)

What a great opportunity to hang with a fellow blogger but in L.A. with a meet n'greet celebrity chef. Awesome.

theUngourmet said...

These are so fun to watch! I loved watching Marisa trying to toss the pasta and of course all of the beauty of the country.

The clue was shrimp.

theUngourmet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ciao Chow Linda said...

Loving the muffins but would also love to be meeting you and sharing this great trip with you - shrimp is the clue and my favorite part is seeing Marisa hold that pot like she's going to smash it over someone's head.

Wanda..... said...

I will make this frittata muffin recipe Sunday, Claudia!
...Wanda♥

Claudia said...

The muffins are grand Wands, but surely someone will cook for you!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Claudia

Your vegetable frittata muffins look like a delicious brunch treat!

The clue was pagliacchi and port.

I loved that beautiful blue Mediterranean Sea and the delicious looking pasta dish.

sweetlife said...

great muffins, perfect for brunch

sweetlife

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

These muffins sound great and it's perfectly fine to be heavy on the vegs.
Sam