Monday, May 10, 2010

Into the heart of L.A.....

I've been working day and night to have all things in order for my trip to L.A. courtesy of Bertolli foods. Mother's Day was a sweetened blur. Kirsten made me this flourless chocolate torte.


Paul made Eggs Benedict ("it's a cinch" he said before he actually made it.)
Matthew made rhubarb muffins.

It's morel season in Minnesota - more about them later.... think pasta with a light creamy- dreamy morel sauce.


It's lilac season. My home is filled with them.



A Bertolli frozen skillet meal lays in wait for a tired husband and children at the end of the day. Matthew is working two jobs and Kirsten is in finals week at the University.



But I - am going into the Heart of L.A. for a culinary tour and to meet this smiling gentleman.

So I know you're not feeling too sorry for me.
And I get to meet Pat from Mille Fiori Favoriti., and take a culinary tour and meet other bloggers and ... how sweet it is. Until Thursday - have a grand week.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep, jealous but so very happy for you! These look amazing! It must definetely be in the blood lol Cant wait for pix from LA!

Anne said...

Have a great trip! All that food looks so delicous! Looks like you had a great Mother's Day!

La Bella Cooks said...

You are going to have a blast! Enjoy!

OysterCulture said...

Not jealous at all because I know you are going to share that incredible experience with us. Can't wait to hear the details, in the meantime have a wonderful trip exploring LA

OysterCulture said...

Not jealous at all as I know you are going to share all the best details with us. Can't wait for the write up.

Have a wonderful time exploring.

OysterCulture said...

Not jealous at all as I know you are going to share all the best details with us. Can't wait for the write up.

Have a wonderful time exploring.

Anonymous said...

So jealous!! Happy belated Mother's Day - looking forward to the recap!

Ciao Chow Linda said...

It looks like you got treated well for Mother's Day - and the trip - well, the icing on the cake. Take lots of pix and tell us all about it - and a big hug to Pat from me.

Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

have a great time lucky lady!

tasteofbeirut said...

This is so fun! I used to live there it would be nice to visit again!

Proud Italian Cook said...

Have a blast! I'll be thinking of you two!

Juliana said...

Claudia...sounds really a lot of fun...hope you enjoy LA. By the way, what a great Mother's Day you had :-)

Anonymous said...

Your meal for Mother's day looks great! Have a terrific time in LA!

Barbara GF said...

Lovely spread for Mother's Day, Claudia! That flourless torte looks divine. And who wouldn't fly across country to see that sweet face in person. Have fun!

Darius T. Williams said...

Looks like someone is gonna have a good time...have a good time.

Reeni said...

Hope you're having a wonderful time Claudia!

Kim said...

I can smell the lilacs now:D

I hope you are having the most fantastic of times Claudia! Take lots of pics of Rocco, he sure is one good looking guy:D

My Little Space said...

My goodness, you're so lucky! I want to meet this gorgeous guy too! hahaha.... Have a wonderful trip, Claudia! Enjoy!
Best regards,
Kristy

Gera@SweetsFoodsBlog said...

Hope you're having a wonderful culinary tour at LA!

Cheers,

Gera

Pam said...

You are so lucky. The eggs benedict has me drooling...it's my very favorite egg dish.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Claudia, it was so much fun meeting you! Now it feels like it was a dream...but what a wonderful dream it was!

Mary Bergfeld said...

I hope you are having a fabulous time. Everything here looks wonderful today. Break a leg :-). Blessings...Mary

joe@italyville said...

Hope you had a great mother's day Claudia and a fun trip! Love the morels by the way... still can't find any!

sweetlife said...

have a great time...

sweetlife