Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day - Link-love blog cooking

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you wonderful food bloggers. You have provided me with culinary delights for two years and I truly do cook from all of you. So, without further ado - below is a sampling of meals created by you, cooked by me and enjoyed by those who sit at my table.

Stacey Snacks did indeed wow the family with her Wow Roasted Cod on Peas and happily -it couldn't be easier. It made it's debut on my table last Friday and I am already being nagged about when we're having it this week! Cod topped with a little panko and placed on top of some dressed-up frozen peas (yes, frozen). You have to love a recipe that begins with: "Smack your pack of frozen peas on the counter."


And Stacey Snacks one more time her Winter Chicken Salad with Blood Oranges and Almonds. I craved a salad that could be hearty enough for the winter we're having. Dressed with jeweled blood oranges and oily marcona almonds, it was a nice alternative to all of my soups and stews.


Monet's Anecdotes and Apple Cores gave me the perfect wheat-honey rolls (she made hoagies) that were intended for sandwiches but were eaten with dinner instead. Happily they are so easy to make, another batch was made for their sandwiches.



Well-deserved simple comfort food from Ciao Chow Linda soothed the weary winter soul in all of us. The sausage and beans dish was a snap to make, warming to eat and will be made again and again before spring really arrives. Everyone needs a fast dish that's packed with flavor, nourishment and hugs.



My Carolina Kitchen provided me with heat, ease and fabulous flavors with Quick Spicy Turkey Chili flavored with Smoky Chipotles. This dish warmed all of us when the temps dipped to 16 degrees below zero F. The chili banished wind chill from our home and brought the hearth to the table.
`
And for those days when you want to come home to enticing aromas and a warm meal, What's Cookin' Italian Style provided me with a Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore recipe that put my seldom used crockpot to work. And allowed me the luxury of coming home to a home-cooked meal. This cacciatore used a lot of vegetables and that has been my winter mantra.
`
What to do these recipes have in common? Comfort - most decidedly. After all for most of us, this has been "the winter of our discontent." And ease. All of these dishes provided winter warmth with a minimum of fuss and mess which is necessary when you have a deadline.
`
And they all allowed me continue my resolution of "mindful eating." If you don't know these bloggers, I hope I have encouraged you to seek them out!


Ask the expert-week: As of two weeks ago, I had lost 10% of my body weight. My goal is 40 pounds and one good thing about Weight Watchers is I have not focused on the 40 pounds. I celebrated the five pound weight loss, the 10 pound, the 10% and in a week or so, the first 20 should be off. I have missed work-outs, eaten cake, created pasta dishes and have never deprived myself. On "off days" I say "oh well" and move on. Keep your eye on the prize and celebrate everything - especially the little things.
`
On this Happy Valentine's Day, I send you love - yes to you. And thanks. And practice gratitude for so many things including that you are in my life courtesy of the nourishing food-blogging world. Reminder: And remember, another thank-you in the form of a CSN $50 giveaway can be found here. There's still time to enter. Hearts to all of you.

37 comments:

Anna's Table said...

Hi Claudia, Congratulations on your weight loss! I find your determination inspiring. Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Claudia I saw how fabulous Jennifer Hudson looks after being on Weight Watchers and now after hearing of all your success I want to join!

Every dish you madelooks delicious! It's so wonderful to know so many good food blogs from which to find inspiration.

I am actually using my crock pot today to make curry chicken ...it smells so good!

♥ Happy Valentine's Day!♥

Anonymous said...

Lovely post....thanks for sharing:)

Proud Italian Cook said...

I want everything you posted here Claudia! It all looks good. Way to go on your weightloss, It's not easy for all us food obsessed people, I'm speaking for myself of course!

Torviewtoronto said...

lovely post of delicious dishes

FOODESSA said...

First off...what a great example you are to us all. Your determination to get healthy and lose weight sanely is to be congratulated.

Your menu is indeed comforting and all I can think of is that I'll be warming up leftover pasta tonight.
I'm very rarely inspired on Mondays ;o)LOL

Many deserved hugs and flavourful wishes on this special day,
Claudia

Stacey Snacks said...

You'd think I would lose weight with all the healthy food I prepare! Thanks for the love links!
Stacey

Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

What an amazing crock of fabulous cacciatore you made my friend! Mine didnt look that good! A wonderful roundup here, I do feel the love, our love and bonding in cooking and each others love for sharing, thats what its all about, you touched my heart! Happy Valentines Day Dear Friend thank you so much for having me in your home....

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

Congratulations on your weight loss Claudia and happy Valentine's day. I'm so proud of you and know how hard it is to shed those pounds. Why do you think I head to the gym and try to leave something on my plate? It's sure not easy.

I'm so glad you liked my chili and I am honored to be in such a lofty line-up of fellow bloggers. Thank you for the link.

Big hugs,
Sam

Velva said...

Congratulations to you Claudia! I can see your weight loss was done the right way, by enjoying your food.
As always, an abundance of beautiful meals that were enjoyed by you and those who sat with you at your table.

Cheers.
Velva

Heather S-G said...

That's good lovin'!

Reeni said...

What delicious recipes you made from our fellow bloggers! I am so happy for your weight-loss success Claudia! You're an inspiration. Happy Valentines Day! xoxo

Jen_from_NJ said...

What success! Good for you! You will reach your goal before you know it. All of your dishes look just delicious too.

ann said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! Those dishes look delicious!

Juliana said...

Claudia, congratulations on you weight loss...lovely post and love the links...happy valentine's day :-)

art is in the kitchen said...

Beautiful and delicious spread of food! I like them all but i'll choose a special one for our next dinner. Happy Valentine's Day to you too!!!!

Kate @ Diethood.com said...

Wow what a feast! Delicious recipes by amazing bloggers, indeed... everything looks incredible! Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!

Monet said...

Oh! This was such a joy to read. I'm so glad that you baked my rolls. They look AMAZING. What a wonderful collection of recipes. You are such a blessing to so many people...Thank you for sharing all that you do with me. Hugs and well wishes from Austin! Happy Valentine's Day!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the weight loss! Twenty pounds will be off in no time at all :) And that Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore looks pretty tasty, I think I may take my crockpot out from it's high-reaching cupboard for this one!

denise @ bread expectations said...

Congratulations Claudia on losing weight in a healthy and sensible manner :) Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!!

Jeannie said...

Oh I love this post, so many recipes and photos to drool over!

Anonymous said...

Excellent recipes to feature! Congrats on the weight loss! I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's day!

Seasoned & Stirred said...

Claudia, this is an awesome way to honor and say thanks to the other food bloggers--great idea!!! Hope you enjoyed Valentin's Day. :>)

That Girl said...

I am fully stocked with blood orange. I am definitely making that salad

Mary Bergfeld said...

You are really doing well with your fitness plan. The food you selected for your celebration is wonderful. I hope you had a great day surrounded by all your Valentines.

Diana's Cocina said...

Way to go on your fitness routine ~ Love what you are doing here ~ Hope you have a love filled valentines day.

Kim said...

Wow - You've almost lost 20 pounds! That is an amazing feat for a food blogger. Good for you Claudia.

Your post was full of delicious beautiful recipes.

Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

La Bella Cooks said...

A big congrats on your weight loss! It is such hard work so kudos to you.

chow and chatter said...

love this what blogging is all about and congrats on weight loss proud of u

hugs Rebecca

Bren said...

those buns look sooo buttery and filling! <3 them. And, I need to get my mother to read your blog as inspiration to lose some weight. She's a bit hard headed and won't take heed! Good for you!

Beth said...

What a delicious post, and I'm looking forward to checking out some of those links. The cod in particular looks fantastic!

A SPICY PERSPECTIVE said...

What a great way to show blogger love! These dishes all sounds fantastic! Happy belated V Day!

Magic of Spice said...

Now this is blog lovin' :) And congratulations on your health goals/achievements great job!

Emily Malloy said...

I think you're right with celebrating the small goals in weight loss! It's a long journey, and not an overnight transformation, unfortunately! But you'll get it!

These dishes are fabulously romantic! :)

kita said...

Look at all those tasty meals! What a great collection. Thanks for your kind words on Chef Dennis' blog today. :)

OysterCulture said...

What wonderful links you've shared with us and congratulations on the weightloss, that is an achievement worth celebration, although I imagine you are, I bet you have more energy and are excited at the results you see. I'm rooting for you.

Ciao Chow Linda said...

Thanks for the shout out Claudia. I'm a little behind in my blog reading/commenting but you understand. And another pat on the back to you for sticking to your weight-loss plan.