Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring Hopes Eternal

With the sad news from Italy and other worldwide events that make you reflect, I am reminded of gratitude. In the last few weeks, I have felt as if I dwelled in a land that lost their spring. So instead of sighing continuously about it, I decided it was time to search for it.

I cleared a few leaves and under a Norwegian maple - I found the tips of a tulip breaking ground.

It nourishes the soul.

My garden had two inches of chives leaning towards the sun.

It will nourish our bodies.

And the patio brings our first dandelion of the season.

A touch of reality.
Inside the home, my tomatoes, basil and arugula thrive.


Leaving me with the knowledge that this summer, I will have a generous Caperese salad.



Small harbingers that show me that Spring is not lost. And I am grateful for what I have.

15 comments:

Jen Schall @ MyKitchenAddiction.com said...

Great post - really puts things in perspective. When I consider everything that is going on in the world, it makes my problems seem so insignificant.

NKP said...

We are under a blanket of snow today, or more like a thin sheet. I have hope, spring will come.

OhioMom said...

Yes, Spring hopes eternal here .. underneath the April snow we received yesterday .. my lettuce is still there :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post! Yes, if I could only try more grateful! lol. I'll give it a go ;)
The photos are great.

Claudia said...

I think Natashya's and Ohio Mom's snow is what we had Sunday. It melted quickly. Small blessings.

Heather said...

beautiful pictures! tulips coming up is one of the best signs of spring!

Reeni said...

What an inspiring post!

Christina Kim said...

Theresa, thank you for providing an opportunity for self-reflection, to appreciate the beauty around us.

Pam said...

Nice post. I love spring!

Elyse said...

What a lovely post during these hard times. You're right: we must always remember to look for teh spring in life.

Donna-FFW said...

Can not wait till spring.. what a fabulous post.. LOVE your photos!!

Sara said...

Love your pictures, I took a similar picture of my chives coming up a few weeks ago. Can you believe that I have my first strawberry in the yard already?

Anonymous said...

this is the kind of post I love to read early in the morning at the beginning of the day as it uplifts my spirits and feels me with such positive hope and energy!

Lyndas recipe box said...

You are so right, we need to always be thankful for what we have.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

test it comm said...

Nice looking caprese salad!