Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Thank-you for 2009

The generosity of bloggers overwhelm me. I did not go into this for "free stuff." I do not comment for the same. I read your sweetnesses and try to return in kind. I came home from scary driving in downtown St. Paul to what you see below from Joe at Italyville.com. Bacis and torrone and coffee (black coffee! as Aunt Fay would say) and a heavenly jar of roasted peppers that I will guard with my life. And my college-age kids oohing and ahhing and wondering when they could partake. And I received this - for what? For commenting???? Sending a post? Which I did in order to join in the Feast. Who wouldn't want to join in an Italian feast? Thank-you, Joe.



I started the blog two years ago. The first year it was pretty private. Simply a way of sharing family stories and recipes so my Midwestern children would have a feel for their New Yorker Italian/American mother. One year ago (almost), I went public and met all of you.
`
In early December I received two awards which I am late in acknowledging. So, I shall share the first award with "old" friends who lifted helped me navigate the blogging world and the second award with "new" friends.
`
2009 has brought a lot of "slings and arrows." I won't dwell, for everyone has their share of slings and arrows. Cooking and blogging lets me lose myself for awhile and take a respite. So, to all of you - I thank you for being there and providing a safe haven of comfort and delectables.
`
This is from Rebecca who created Chow and Chatter. I cook from her blog (most recently Columbia-inspired meatloaf) and enjoy her warmth and recipes. Thank-you, Rebecca.

I know some of you have "award-free" blogs and I respect that - so even if you do not pick up the award, I still wanted you to know I valued you.
`
I have cooked from all the blogs mentioned below - so I hope you will visit them. I guarantee you'll leave smiling.


I would like to share this with:
Donna at My Tasty Treasures, Heather/Dar at Girlichef, Reeni at Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice, Bunny at Bunny's Warm Oven, Sam from My Carolina Kitchen, Katherine at Smoky Mountain Cafe, Linda at Ciao Chow Linda and Wanda from Moments of Mine

`
And this came from Gaga in the Kitchen, who like me, doesn't always measure - but manages some heavenly stuff. Her baked brie was a hit in this house last week.


This goes to seven people with seven facts about yourself. I think people know too much about me as it is! So I shall just state that I am an onion - lots of layers, lots of sarcasm, too much cynicism, cannot resist the wisecrack but I think I could be caramelized.
`
I would like to share this with: Janet from Meatless Mama, Gera at Sweets Foods, Velva at Tomatoes on the Vine, Claudia at What's Cookin' Italian Style Cuisine, Bridgett at La Bella Cook,
Barbara GF at Dish 'n That and Mary at One Perfect Bite.
`
Speaking of onions, my caramelized onion tart is ready ..... again, thanks to all of you and onward and upward in 2010! Who knows what we will create? Happy New Year! Felice Anna Nuovo!


26 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

You are so very sweet to think of me and thank you so very much for your kindness.

I adore your blog and look forward to all the posts in the upcoming year. I wish you and yours the happiest of New Years!!

Annalisa said...

Great blog!
Happy New Year!
Hugs
Annalisa

Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

Very nice mentions to all the bloggers and heartfelt I am honored to be part of that...thank you so much and have a fabulous 2010
Claudia L

Wanda..... said...

Claudia...you made me smile...listing me with your cooking friends. Thank you so much for giving me this lovely award, it's a nice New Year's present!
Hope you had a good Christmas with your family and that your ankle has recuperated fully!

I wish you all the best in 2010!
Wanda

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

Claudia, I am honored and pleased. I, like you, have made many new friends this year and it's been so much fun. Thank you for this special award. What a wonderful way to start the new year.

Like Donna, I too adore you blog and always enjoy stopping by for a visit. I hope you have a happy and healthy new year.
Hugs,
Sam

janet said...

Claudia, Thank you so much, I am so honored that you thought of me!

You are such a kind, thoughtful and creative person and you are what helps make blogging a community, and why I'm glad to be a part of it.

chow and chatter said...

Dearest Claudia so great to know you and your heritage and great cooking
Have a wonderful new year
love and hugs Rebecca

Gera@SweetsFoodsBlog said...

Thanks so much for your award and Congrats for your awards too!!
I've already received the Kreativ Blogger but it's always very nice receiving it again :)

Thanks for thinking on me and wishing you best for the 2010!

Big Cheers,

Gera

joe@italyville said...

You are very welcome Cluadia... hope you have a great 2010. Buon Anno!

Reeni said...

I'm so glad you went public! The way you described yourself as an onion is so perfect. That's one of the reasons why I love you and your blog - you have such a way with words. Thanks for awarding me, I appreciate the recognition! It means a lot coming from you. Happy New Year!

Ciao Chow Linda said...

Thank you so much for the award. I am grateful to you for your thoughtfulness and wish you all the best for a wonderful 2010. I'll be posting the award soon.

Heather S-G said...

Claudia...thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. I have really enjoyed getting to know you through your blog this year and look forward to the coming year. Hapy New Year :)

Barbara GF said...

Thank you, Claudia, that was genuinely kind of you to think of me. I so enjoy stopping by your "kitchen" and welcome you to mine. Here's to a new year of "Kreative" blogging. Buon anno!

The Blonde Duck said...

Carmelized onion tart? Delightful! Have a wonderful new year!

unconfidentialcook said...

Lucky for all of us that you decided to go public!!! Congratulations on your much-deserved awards and, of course, HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your family.

Mary Bergfeld said...

Claudia, first my congratulations to you on your awards. They are well deserved. Second, thank yo for sharing the KB award with me. I'm thrilled. Have a Happy New Year. I'll be back on schedule next week. Enjoy the long weekend. Blessings...Mary

Michael Taylor said...

Hi Claudia! Greetings from Hong Kong, and a happy new year to you. I agree... Italian food is the best... much as I love Chinese, Mexican, and Thai food, Italian I could eat every day (except when I do I put on weight so I don't)... Congratulations on eating all of the cover recipes from Bon Appetit!

Cheers!

Katy ~ said...

Congratulations on your awards! Well done and earned.

Thoughtful gift from Italyville.com!

Looking forward to seeing you in 2010. Wishing you all the best.

The Blonde Duck said...

I'm so glad you liked the new year post!

Kim said...

Happy new Year to you Claudia!! Congrats on your care package, it all looks tasty!!

Anonymous said...

All these awards have been so well deserved! I love reading your blog, happy New Year and keep those posts coming!

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Awards and free gifts, how amazing :-) like you say, you don't do your blog for that reason, but isn't it wonderful when you just leave a comment and get wonderful Italian goodies!

Thank you for calling into my blog again..oh yes lovely sunny Sydney..I need some warmth too!

La Bella Cooks said...

Thank you so much for thinking of me. How very generous. I will proudly display this on my blog.

OysterCulture said...

Congrats on the awards and the gift basket, you are certainly starting the New Years off with a bang! Did you eat a lot of pork and lentils, or pasta for New Years? What's your secret? ;)

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Claudia, thank your for sending this award on to me. I am very apprecative and I value your friendship.

Hugs!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Joe was so sweet to send that "thank you" Claudia! Your contribution to his Feast of the 7 Fishes deserved it!
Congrats of the awrds ..well deserved!
So glad you went public and that I found you! I have been enjoying your recipes and your friendship!